With the number of types of vacuum cleaners that exist today and all the information that we have access to, buying a vacuum cleaner can become a very complex task. And it is that of course, everyone wants to get the best product , and if it can be at the best price, much better. But how do we know if we are choosing the right model for our needs?
It is very important to know what each of the different types of vacuum cleaners are for and what we should look for, in this way we will avoid investing in a vacuum cleaner that does not meet our objectives. Moreover, if you want to buy a good vacuum cleaner but do not want to invest a lot of money, we recommend that you give a second chance to the many second-hand vacuum cleaners that we have on offer at Cash Converters .
In order to help you in this mission of finding the best vacuum cleaner, we have compiled the main types of vacuum cleaners that we can find on the market , taking into account everything from size and technical characteristics, to the type of floor or price. Interesting topic to know more about kupujemprodajem.
What is a vacuum cleaner?
But before we see the different types of vacuum cleaners that exist, we must know what a vacuum cleaner really is .
A vacuum cleaner is an electrical device that sucks up dust and dirt accumulated on the floor and other surfaces thanks to an air pump. Depending on the characteristics of the vacuum cleaner model, it will be able to perform one type of cleaning or another.
Advantages of vacuum cleaners
The invention of the vacuum cleaner was a revolution in the way of cleaning . Some of its main advantages are:
- Saving time and energy. Thanks to this device, the cleaning time is considerably reduced.
- Easy to use. Its installation and handling is very simple, just plug in or charge the device in advance, press a button and let it pass over the surface you want to clean.
- More complete cleaning. This device allows a deeper cleaning in less time, eliminating bacteria, germs and allergens from the environment.
- Remove pet hair. Thanks to the power of its suction, it is much easier to remove pet hair from all types of surfaces, such as carpets, avoiding bad odors and dirt.
- Affordable. Although at first it could be considered a luxury item, today there are all kinds of vacuum cleaners on the market at a very good price available to almost anyone,
- Default settings. Thanks to advances in technology, it is possible to adjust the parameters of the vacuum cleaner according to our needs so that cleaning any surface is even much easier. In fact, there are already models that can be programmed to clean autonomously even when we are not at home.
Disadvantages of vacuum cleaners
Although vacuum cleaners were a great advance in cleaning tasks, they also have some disadvantages:
- Weight and size. Thanks to technological advances, it is increasingly possible to find smaller and lighter models. However, even today these electronic devices are characterized by being heavy and bulky, which can sometimes make it difficult to use them in small spaces.
- Energy expenditure. As it is an electronic device that needs electricity to work, the energy cost of the home or the place where it is used will be higher.
- Accessories. Some of them need a series of accessories that must be replaced from time to time for them to work properly, such as filters or disposable garbage bags. In addition, it will also be necessary to replace certain parts when reaching a certain number of uses, such as the case of brushes or nozzles.
Main types of vacuum cleaners
We already know what a vacuum cleaner is, but depending on the use that is going to be given to it and its characteristics, we can find a large selection of models on the market.
Next we are going to see what are the main types of vacuum cleaners that exist and what are the pros and cons of each model.
handheld vacuum cleaner
The model that stands out the most among all the types of vacuum cleaners that exist is the handheld vacuum cleaner.
They are portable and are characterized by their lightness and small size. Generally, their design consists of an elongated body and a wide mouth, which makes them a very versatile type of vacuum cleaner and allows them to clean any surface or narrow place.
- Very light.
- Simple setup.
- Easy to use.
- It allows access to all kinds of spaces.
- Lower suction power.
- Reduced storage capacity.
- Battery duration.
Vertical vacuum cleaners
This model of vacuum cleaner is characterized by its design, in which the entire device is a single unit made up of a cleaning head, the body and a handle, which is much more comfortable to use.
The body of upright vacuum cleaners consists of the motor, the filter, the storage bags for the dust and the head. Thanks to the handle, it is possible to slide the appliance over the surface to be cleaned, allowing great mobility and a wide range of travel.
- Ease of maneuver.
- Cleaning of large areas.
- Comfortable design.
- Suitable for cleaning carpets.
- Great suction capacity.
- Not suitable for cleaning stairs or upholstery.
Broom or stick vacuum cleaner
The design of this model is very similar to that of vertical vacuum cleaners , in fact for many they could be combined into a single category. However, it has a series of structural differences to highlight, such as its lightness or its smaller size.
Unlike the previous type, the storage container and the motor of broom vacuum cleaners is smaller in size and is attached to the handle. From said body comes a tube responsible for suction, which in turn is attached to the cleaning head.
It is an intermediate model between upright vacuum cleaners and handheld vacuum cleaners . The vast majority are battery operated, without the need for a cable.
- Easy storage.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Ideal for quick cleanups.
- Little noisy.
- Reduced storage capacity.
- Less suction power.
- Not recommended for large surfaces.
sled vacuum cleaner
This vacuum cleaner model is the most traditional . It is characterized by its large body, which has a storage tank, two rear wheels, one front wheel, a flexible hose and a cleaning head.
Depending on the vacuum cleaner model, it may be necessary to place a disposable bag in the tank to store all the dirt. Likewise, some also include various accessories that are placed at the outlet of the hose depending on the type of surface to be cleaned.
It is a very versatile type of vacuum cleaner , which can be used both to clean floors, and to clean stairs, upholstery or raised objects. In addition, thanks to its wheels it is easy to move.
- Great suction power.
- Easy to move.
- Storage capacity.
- Very noisy.
- Difficult to store.
- It works plugged in.
- Models with disposable bag.
Vacuum cleaner robot
One of the most demanded models lately thanks to its autonomy. It is a type of vacuum cleaner that does not need us to vacuum ourselves, it automatically goes through the space sucking up all the dirt it finds in its path.
Its design consists of a round body equipped with a series of sensors that allow it to recognize the space, a storage device and a series of brushes. The initial configuration of this type of vacuum cleaner is more complex, but once it is done, it will be enough to give the cleaning order or program when we want it to be activated. It can be activated either manually, by pressing the included button, or remotely with a smart device, such as a smartphone or a voice assistant.
Although its power is not comparable to the previous ones, its autonomy and comfort make it the ideal model for those who do not have enough time to clean daily.
- Automatic loading.
- Remote control.
- Automatic cleaning.
- Some models can scrub.
- Increased cleaning time.
- High price.
- More complex configuration.
- Not suitable for spaces with many obstacles.
steam vacuum cleaner
Popularly known as vaporettes , the main function of this type is not to vacuum. Thanks to their ability to generate steam, they are mainly used to clean upholstery, carpets, curtains, windows or tiles, among others.
They are mainly used for deep cleaning .
- Generates steam.
- Deep cleaning.
- Very high price.
- Does not suck.
central vacuum cleaner
Although it is still a rare type in Spain, more and more newly built homes and offices are beginning to install this cleaning model.
It basically consists of a system that has multiple entrances installed in the different spaces of the home or workplace. To proceed with cleaning, all you have to do is turn on the central station and connect a hose to the entrance of the room you want to vacuum. All the collected dirt is sent directly to a central container.
- Powerful suction capacity.
- Improves air quality.
- Needs installation in the house.
- High price.
What do you think of this list with the types of vacuum cleaners, their pros and cons? Surely you are already an expert and you know exactly which one you need.